As a result of the recent Katt / Kyknoord tête-à-tête, Barbedwire suggested that I “…might want to consider a regional ‘Win a Date with Kyknoord’ type of contest…” I thought about this earlier today while the auditor lectured me on the applications of Viagra in the workplace. It might not have been exactly that – I sort of tuned out after the first five minutes – but I do remember him going on about “performance improvement” a lot. Anyway, I have decided to take up Barb’s challenge and run with it – well, except for the mud-wrestling part.
To enter, all you have to do is send a note to my Gmail address* with the words “Date Kyk” in the subject line and a brief (50 words or less) explanation of why you think you should be chosen for this dubious honour.
A meal with Kyknoord at one of the following fine restaurants: Bardelli’s, The Octopus Garden or The Wild Fig (winner’s choice) and a follow-up blog entry with all the gory details of the evening on the other side of the mountain (no choice).
- The contest opens immediately. Entries close at 12h00 CAT on Tuesday 18 July.
- Anyone with a valid e-mail address may enter, irrespective of gender, species, age, location or neurotic tendencies.
- Multiple entries will be treated with the disdain they deserve.
- Entries will be evaluated on two criteria: entertainment value and originality. No begging.
- The judges will select five entries that will be posted here sometime before the end of July. I don’t really want to commit myself, because I’m a bit of slack bastard.
- Voting will open for – oh, I don’t know – let’s say three days, during which time, visitors to this site can cast their vote for the best entry. The names of the finalists will be withheld to keep it fair and to protect the guilty.
- The winner will be announced here after the votes are counted. Again, no specific time frame, as per Rule 5.
- Winners will be sworn to secrecy as to my identity, or I will be forced to wear a paper bag on my head to the restaurant. This may be embarassing.
- The date for ‘The Date’ will by mutual agreement and the winner will have up until the 31st of October 2006 to lay claim to their prize. Transport to & from the restaurant is not included, so this competition openly discriminates against non-Capetonians. Life is hard. Deal with it.
If you want a blinky button for your blog (like the one in the sidebar), you can find the code here (do the right click & ‘save as’ thing). Any and all other forms of advertising will also looked upon with favour and official sanction.
* anyone who can’t find it is automatically disqualified.