In recognition of those individuals who have contributed most to the advancement of the cult, we proudly+ present the 2010 winners. By the way, I’m wearing a tux. I hope you have dressed accordingly.
The Bronze Award goes to the following apes and people for having blogs that aren’t kak – or at least, aren’t entirely kak++:
- Gorilla Bananas;
- The Unbearable Banishment;
- Dot Black;
- The fine show pony;
- Jean Pant; and
These are the worthy recipients of the Silver Award:
- Daisyfae for sending me postcards and other salacious correspondence;
- Andrew for practical suggestions on staving off insanity. Woe unto Rufus Tranquillus, then;
- Alone… with cats for her fine efforts as my personal muse; and
- Renal Failure because Clarice isn’t the only one who needs to consider a bit of quid pro quo
The Gold Award goes to Nursemyra for directing more traffic to this blog than Almighty Google and faithfully commenting on every post, no matter how appalling. Also, for her selfless international community service in producing a regular crop of boners worldwide.
Congratulations all. If you didn’t make the cut this time, please feel free to bitch about it and I will feel free to remind you that bribes work where sycophancy fails.
+ Why is it always “proudly”? It’s not like anyone has ever “shamefully” presented an award, have they? MTV does not count.
++ Ja, I realise that getting a bronze is pretty kak; the irony (Hah! See what I did there?) isn’t lost on me.